We understand that getting pierced can be quite daunting, so in order to provide our clients a safe and enjoyable experience we have collated this pack to arm you with helpful tips on how to prepare.
BEFORE YOUR PIERCING.
- Sleep well
- Do not to drink alcohol or take recreational drugs on the day (or on the night before)
- Stay hydrated.
- Eat a nutritious meal or snack within 2 hours prior to your piercing appointment
- Complete the online Consent Form. If you have any questions please contact us.
- Complete the online Heath Screening Form the day of your appointment
- Consult with your doctor if you have any doubts regarding the contra indications for getting a piercing as listed on our Consent Form
- Please not do show up late as we are almost always booked out and you may miss your appointment.
THINGS TO BRING WITH YOU
- Bring your photo ID with you- we only accept Passports, National ID Cards, Garda Age Cards or Driver’s Licenses. For piercings that require a parent/legal guardian to be present, the under 16 year old may also bring a birth certificate.
- If a parent/legal guardian is required to be present for the piercing please bring ID for both the parent/legal guardian and the under 16 year old.
- Bring (non-alcoholic) drinks, plus snacks if you’re prone to fainting.
- Wear clean, comfortable clothing suitable for the piercing. Some piercings require a certain level of undress, so think about how the piercer will access the piercing area. – i.e. dress or leggings for a navel piercing, tee shirt or blouse for a nipple piercing.
- You are welcome to bring a friend or family member with you for your appointment but, unfortunately, they cannot enter the treatment room. We have a waiting area. The only exception is minors who will have their guardian present.
AFTER YOUR PIERCING
- You may experience some light headedness from the rush of endorphins and adrenaline, sit or lie as long as you need to afterwards until you feel comfortable moving. This is a good time to eat that snack if you have brought one.
- Chill, get some food.
- Make sure you hold onto our Aftercare Leaflet. If you mislay It, then visit our website www.wildcat.ie for detailed aftercare instructions.
- Contact us by phone or email if you have any concerns about your piercing.
- Please leave us a Google Review or Facebook review. We welcome all feedback.
- The piercer will mark the desired area with a temporary ink and have you look at the projected placement in the mirror so you can decide if that location is what you want, don’t be afraid to ask them to change it! Once the mark has been approved it’s finally time. The piercer may ask you to take a deep breath in and then out as they push the needle through, this is very brief and possibly sharp sensation passes quickly. Then, the jewellery will be inserted as the needle is pushed out, this may be more uncomfortable than the actual piercing, just breathe deeply and relax. The area will be cleaned and you’re done!
- Your consent is the most important aspect of piercing. You should never do or agree to anything that makes you uncomfortable. It is important to be clear and raise any questions or comments as you go through the session.
- We encourage all feedback, comments and suggestions at any time. Your feedback is vital to help us adjust and improve how we do things now and in the future. Feedback cards are available at the front desk. Or you can leave us a review on Google or Facebook.
If you have any questions please visit our website or contact us by phone or email.